Weighing cost of residential real estate renovations to Improve appeal & profit
Most of our clients have all dreamed their home could gain profits like the HGTV show Flip or Flop. Determining when you should renovate your home when you are ready to sell is a decision that could cost you money and frustration if you don’t weigh local Charlotte and Concord factors. But a well-planned remodeling project may not only expedite the sale, it may also increase the value of your home.
Should You Remodel Or Renovate?
Home renovation should be a balance between cost effectiveness, neighborhood cost comparisons and enhanced visual appeal.
Top projects that can add significant value to your home, add visual appeal and are maybe worth the investment include:
- Remodel underutilized existing spaces like basements and attics. This allows for expansion of habitable square footage without the hassle and cost of increasing a home’s foundation.
- Painting. Since paint is relatively cheap, fresh paint and modern colors can go a long way.
- Kitchen. According to HGTV, you can expect to recoup 60%-120%.
- Bathroom. HGTV estimates that you can recoup 80%-130%
- Exterior. Investing in inexpensive landscaping “wow” potential buyers with visual curb appeal. A well-kept lawn, some new shrubbery, flowers or trees recoup a decent percentage and have shown to decrease days on the market.
Unlike other real estate firms, Carter Group Realtors staff a full-time marketer and Five Star Real Estate Porfessionals to reassure our sellers that you are guided on cost effective ways to turn your house into a standout showcase property.
Schedule A Call Contact us before you start your renovation or remodel process.